Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- My name is Kaitlyn "captain" McElroy, I started sprint kayaking in 2008 after a career ending training accident in cross country skiing. The switch to kayaking dramatically changed my life for the better. It gave me a fresh start and a new focus and passion which allowed me to overcome many personal struggles. For me there is nothing as special as being on the water training and racing with my friends and ultimately representing my country at the World Championships and the Olympic Games.
- I am trying to raise 7,000 dollars in funds to cover travel and lodging expenses for the 2015 season. The 2015 season is crucial since it marks the start of Olympic Qualification process for Rio2016.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- I am raising funds for travel and training expenses for the 2015 Olympic qualification season.
- Funds will be used to cover airline tickets 1300-1600 dollars a trip, and for lodging during competition and training camps 75-90 dollars a night.
- When lots of people each contribut a little towards a goal the net result is major. If 500 people donate 14 dollars I will reach my goal of 7,000
How I Got Here
- Oklahoma City University paddler Kaitlyn McElroy has overcome obstacles
- ESPNW profile
- Please be sure to check out my RallyMe profile
- There are many people who have helped me reach my goals on and off the water: my parents, my coach, the Oklahoma City Boathouse Foundation, the US Canoe Racing Association, and the New England Canoe/Kayak Racing Association just to name a few.
Please Join My Team and Spread the Word!
Select Swag For Your Contribution
$30Postcard thank you noteI will send you a personal postcard from either the World Cup circuit Pan AmericanGames or the World Championships.
$50Hand made USA wrist bandSupport the U.S. with a patriotic wrist band
$100Hand Made USA themed lycra headbandsGreat for fall, winter and spring training to keep your ears warm. Pictures to come soon
$300Signed Team USA race jerseySigned Team USA race jersey.