Welcome to My Rally Campaign
“This means the world to me”
Why I'm Raising Funds
- The sum of my efforts is a reflection of competition performance!
- World Championships (aside from Olympics) is the utmost event in an athletes’ career.
- Raising money to go to the World Championships, in Pitesti ROMANIA, will help my family with expenses. A lack of funding has led to increased pressure for families to individually support their athletes.
- The funds raised will help immensely with international travel, accommodations abroad, and fees for racing/boat rental.
- Attaining results in international competitions would bring more funding into USA Canoe/Kayak. This would help grow the sport through regional clubs and nourish the athletic goals of people around the nation.
- Any support is appreciated. It will turn dreams to goals, and goals to reality.
How I’m preparing
- Being a full-time student at Temple University (Philadelphia), going into medicine, I have also been a full-time athlete.
- Paddling for thirteen years now, and training 9-12 times a week during the semester, is demanding yet rewarding.
- Leading up to the event I’ll be training with the U.S. National team outside of Atlanta.
- Will be racing at 2 World Cups in Europe to test the waters in large scale competitions!
- First in Szeged HUNGARY (May 26th-28th) in Belgrade SERBIA a week later June 2nd-4th.
- Flying out to compete against 40+ countries at World Championships (July 27th–30th).
How I Got Here
- My father got me into kayaking by the age of eight and I absorbed the nature and enjoyed tranquility of the water. By thirteen I met my current coach, Holm Schmidt, who introduced me to racing and I was hooked ever since.
- Competing at local distance events and surf-ski races along the Northeastern seaboard, I learned the aspects that make this sport great. It justified my inherent passion for kayaking.
- In 2011 in San Diego I made the U.S. Junior Development Sprint Team, a year later (in 2012) the National Marathon team. Since then, I’ve been racing on an international scale - training hard for the dreams and goals that I work to achieve.
- Parents, who will go to the end of the world and back for me, help greatly on this journey.
- Keystone Kayak Head Coach, Holm Schmidt, a former German National Team paddler, is an athletic compass to lead me spiritually and athletically to where I want to be in the sport.
- EliteOceanSports’ Mark Smith and Mark Mckenzie who offer support in races along the Eastern and Western seaboard.
- Friends who support and paddling community that has been there along the way.
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
- Thank you for the support, please share my Rally via Facebook or email!!!
- Follow my journey on my Facebook page, or Instagram & Twitter @Jesse_Lish